Mia's frame is coming along a little slower than hoped but hopefully it will be finished shrotly. So far the fork is complete and is looking really nice. Again I went with the segmented style but this time I went with regular fork blades instead of the tubes I used with my blue mountain bike. As the blades are far shorter than the 29er blades I felt that there would be little of the risk that the 29er blades offered.
In the middle of this work I was able to complete a repair on a Park Professional repair stand from the shop I work part time at. The stand had snapped off of the base plate right above the tig weld. For this repair I had to grind off the chrome plating on both the tube and base plate and then once I had the two brazed together I spray painted the cleared off areas to provide some basic protection. With the newly repair rack installed at the shop it should have many more years of abuse left in it.
Before I start on Mia's frame I am waiting on an alignment jig to show up in the mail. I ordered a frame alignment table from Bringheli to aid with my alignment checks and I have been reluctant to move too far along on Mia's bike before I get it. So while I am waiting for the table to show up I started working on a new custom rack for Erin's new road bike. The goal of this rack is to be able to hold safely one of the bicycle child safety seats. Typically they come with their own rack but they are normally cheap aluminum racks that look like crap and I figure I can easily make something that is just as safe (if not safer) that looks 100% better. Also, with the rear rack I can also build a custom front rack that is just big enough to hold a six pack maybe!