Well I can honestly say that this will be the LAST house I ever move into again (if I have anything to do with it that is). At least things are starting to slow down and I can get back to focusing on frames.
My most recent project has a lot of interesting details that I am really excited about. First off the frame is going to be used to race cyclocross as well as an everyday commuter. While probably 90% of the use of the bike will be for commuting the other 10% will be what it is designed for. The front end of the bike will have the sweet ENVE disc CX fork. This fork uses a tapered 1 1/2" steerer tube so I will be using a tapered head tube by Columbus. This particular headtube uses integrated bearings on the top and bottom so it should end up with an extremely clean looking front end. The braking will be handled with disc brakes for the front and rear end with low rider rocking dropouts to help take up the slack for the single speed chain. Oh, and it is going to be a single speed utilizing the Gates carbon belt drive system. As for the geometry it is going to be based loosely off of a Cannodale CAADx. The goal is to get something that fits similar to an existing bike however pushes him further back behind the pedals yet keeps his reach the same.
One thing I have always liked about cyclocross bikes is that they take the simple elegance of a road bike and make it look tough. Hopefully this bike takes it a step futher and gives you the simplicety of a single speed mixed with the elegance of a roadbike that was just in a bar fight.