Last Saturday ended my 10 year long losing streak at the Blues games! I can not tell you how many games I have gone to where no matter how big a lead the Blues had, in the end no matter what they would end up blowing it. Half way through this game I was convinced that my luck had continued and they would end up losing, again. However with an open net goal at the end the Blues won 4 - 2 against the Buffalo Sabers! Also this was the first game where I took all three kids and they all did great.
OK, back to bikes! My Dad came by the shop last week to put all the parts on his new frame. While having done minor maintenance on all of his bikes he had never really assembled a frame from the ground up before. That being the case, while he was there I got little if anything finished on Erin's frame. No matter though, we had a good time and his frame is looking really nice. Right now with only some of the parts on weighs around 17lbs, I am hoping that with the rest of the parts it comes in under 24lbs.
As far as Erin's lugged roadie goes the work is coming very nicely. The fork is done and 95% cleaned up (unfortunately that last 5% always seems to take longer than the first 95%). This morning I was able to silver braze the main triangle together and finish all of the miters for the chain stays.
My goal is to have this bike 100% finished (except for paint) in time for the St. Louis bike expo and swap. That way I can have this lugged road bike, my track frame and my Dad's new 29er to show off.